Forms of hosting services
A hosting solution concerns stockpiling and/or sharing given content on a web server administered by a website hosting vendor. There are various types of hosting services used for different purposes, so let's have a glimpse at these. Doing so, you can choose what you want, based on whether you'd like to create a website, e-mail addresses, or to share files with friends and associates.
- File hosting: a service supplied by certain vendors, which lets you share bulky files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archived documents, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its only objective is to share files, since it does not support web page uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either get an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to explore an inventory of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to load .html or .php web page files in your web browser. Free file storage plans are often supported by exhibiting advertisements by the download links, while a timer forces you to await a certain stretch of time to observe them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you have a paid file hosting plan, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download right away, and also there is no limitation as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
Now, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting providers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more stylish "cloud hosting". This is a completely mistaken explanation of the real meaning of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting environment would divide the load between independent packs of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to serving various web page hosting services (mail, web space, stats, DNS, databases, website hosting Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting service is simply a type of a disk storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: close to file hosting; specific companies provide a hosting service for pictures exclusively. This hosting type is appropriate if you would like to share a vast amount of images with friends or partners since the solution is mostly free of cost. You will get a randomly generated link for each and every pic or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be utilized for web pages.
- E-mail hosting: a service committed to managing your e-mails. Some distributors provide webspace hosting services for websites, but do not provide an e-mail hosting solution. If you want to possess an e-mail address with your domain name but do not want to run a site, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you require. You can open mail address accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The e-mail hosting solution involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this solution allows you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a specific video, or you can embed the video clip in your website that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of using this method in lieu of uploading the video file in a web hosting account is that the video creates a given amount of CPU load, so with a handful of video files and a few hundred visitors, you may have a problem with your web hosting quotas. Embedding the video file will allow you to possess as many videos as you want without bothering about system reserves.
- Web hosting: this is the service that you need if you desire to possess a site. To a certain extent, it involves all of the aforesaid hosting forms since, along with your sites, you can also host pictures and files, you can run databases and e-mails, upload video files, etc. At ALTURAIGI.NET, for example, you can take a glance at web hosting and dedicated hosting solutions that allow you to get all of the aforementioned solutions in one single place. There may be limits based on the sort of hosting service that you've opted for - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your site hosting package may be better or worse juxtaposed to the typical email/file/video/image hosting accounts that are intended for particular web content exclusively.